Pregnancy and Expectancy
Congratulations! Whether you are already pregnant or expecting, or are planning for the future, The MTPT Project can support and empower you to combine your personal aspirations with your professional goals.
We have a number of resources available offering information and tips to help you make the right choices for you and your family.
Did you know...?
- Shared parental leave is an entitlement – your employer cannot stop you from taking it
- 54,000 women are pushed out of their jobs each year due to pregnancy and maternity discrimination
- You can interview for promoted positions or roles in new schools whilst pregnant
- There is no legal requirement to offer leave to support employees with IVF or fertility treatment
Shared Parental Leave for Teachers
Don’t hesitate to connect with Teacher’s SPL – their website and additional support packages tell you everything you need to know about shared parental leave, including how to use it to get full pay during your holiday periods!
What to Expect as an Expectant Teacher
Our online webinar, What to Expect as an Expectant Teacher provides you with all the information you need during your expectancy and to prepare for your baby / child’s arrival.
Fully inclusive of fathers, non-birthing partners, colleagues undertaking fertility treatment and those becoming parents by adoption or surrogacy, the webinar shares your legal entitlements, where to look for important information, personal examples, and the best practice that you can expect from your school.
Ticket holders have access to the webinar until August 2024.
IVF and Fertility Treatment
Our Fertility Advocate, Nicola Mooney, is always happy to provide advice, support and a listening ear to anyone undergoing fertility treatment as a teacher.
Fertility Issues in Teaching have a website full of blogs and information regarding fertility treatment.
Our webinar, “Teaching and Fertility Treatment” is included in our Life Friendly Leadership programme.
- What to Expect as an Expectant Teacher – £15.00
- Teachers’ SPL support packages – £40.00 – £95.00
- Life Friendly Leadership Programme – £75.00
The MTPT Project community is full of fathers who have either taken a standard fortnight of paternity leave, or enjoyed a longer period of shared parental leave.
Enjoy hearing from Alex Fox in our panel event with Shared Parental Leave for Teachers.